Why a blog?

Some of you may say "why write a blog?" Well, I guess because I want somewhere to record random stuff that way I can look back at it. You should all know this is a private blog- no one else but you and a couple of friends can read it. And, I'm not putting any details like addresses or my name out there either.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Nice form!

Now that we have our ground packed in nicely ready for the big heavy load of our foundation, we needed to get the form ready which is the wooden boundary in which the concrete is poured. They also have to dig trenches and all this fun stuff I'm glad that we pay people to do. :) After all, they are the experts.


Here is the newest photo for you. I might have a new one for you tomorrow or later this week when there is actually more work done. We are kind of... delayed... as we determine which plumber we'd like to use. It turns out we had one in mind but we are looking around at the 11th hour to make sure we made the right choice.

As I drove into work this morning, I thought to myself, "I need to remove the words 'delayed',
'postponed' or any kind of word that communicates that we are behind schedule". I just don't want to have any more negative thoughts included in this project. Today in my Management for Dummies book, I read that good managers learn how to be optimistic and look towards the future. So, I am going to try to apply that not only at work but in this project. I am not even really managing the building process, I'm just watching my husband coordinate it all but I'm still communicating the message to those who ask who may think I am managing it.

No comments: