
So, as I said in my last post, we have literally "broken into the ground". Here is proof. If you're wondering where this shot is taken from, it's from my neighbor's house who as you know is my mother in law. This was one of the first "digs"by this monstrous machine which I never found out the name for. Funny story- after halfway through digging through the portion that is where our main house will be, something broke on the machine! So, all work had to stop until the next day. The good thing is they fixed the part overnight and had it done Friday, May 5, which was ahead of when they said they would finish it. I was very entertained watching the machine do it's work, especially because a different neighbor's dog who roams around and greets people who walk down the street was very curious as to what was taking place on our lot. I think he believed the big machine was a huge animal because at one time, he leaned down in a position like if he was taunting the machine. And then he'd take off running across the street at full speed and run around. You'll be amused to find out that his name is "Diablo". You can see him in this next picture:

We are ecstatic and nervous at the same time. There's
no turning back now.
Here's the schedule as I understand it:
May 4, 5- Grade and pack dirt to prepare for foundation
May 9-11?- Build form for foundation, set rebar and plumbing
Then we have to wait for an inspection from the city to make sure we have everything going right. I don't know when that is supposed to take place but I hope it goes well. My experience with the city hasn't gone so well but I think it was partly our fault. This is all a learning experience for us right now.
As promised, I had a few friends over to casually "celebrate" the groundbreaking this week. My new neighbors/family were very kind to let us hang out on their property and use their furniture. Friends, if you're reading this, thanks for coming over!
No comments:
Post a Comment